Friday, March 7, 2008

A Letter

You were my best friend. From the day I met you, I couldn't imagine life without you in it. You knew me better than anyone else. And most of all, I trusted you. Even when I maybe shouldn't have, I did. Because I thought you were better than that.



Turns out I was wrong.



Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me twice? I think not.



I wish you nothing but the best. I want you to find love and success and happiness that will fill your days and make all the rest of it worth it. And most of all I hope that you find a way to learn the important lessons that life has to offer, because at the moment there are some very important ones that you seem to be lacking.

I love you for the person you made me. I wish I could have continued to love you for the person you are. Your true self is the person you are when you think no one is looking. I saw you when you didn't know it, and I was disappointed to find out who you really are.

3 comments:

ConstanceTheSixth said...

Wow. Just wow. That is a very powerful letter. Is is something you are considering sending or saying? I am always a little bit sorry (more than a little bit) when someone I respect, admire or even love turns out to be slightly less than..

Shelly said...

I know exactly how you feel! Are you considering really sending that letter....*evil grin*?

"Constance-1-M" said...

I wish I'd had the guts to send that letter to someone ~ I wish I could have put it that perfectly too.