Sunday, May 11, 2008

Time Heals

Holy cow, my poor little special place has gotten quite dusty. Oops! I'll just clear out some of these cobwebs and try to be a better apartment keeper!

So, back to the post at hand.

I am stunned. And if I could think of a better word for it, I would use it.

In the past three weeks I have discovered that my best friend - who I am no longer speaking to and likely won't, ever again - is getting married. In six months. A wedding that I won't be invited to, to a woman I will never meet.

And then I found out that my once fiance, who swore up and down that he didn't want any babies, who was adamant about me not being pregnant, is having one. With his now-wife. So there's a double surprise.

And....and I feel like a horrible person, because my initial reaction to any of these bits of good news isn't "oh, good for them" like a nice person would react. My reaction is more along the lines of "oh, woe is me" which is a horrible reaction both because it is selfish and because none of the news has anything to do with me anyway. I want all of the people involved to be happy - I just wish their happiness didn't sting the way it does at the moment.

But time heals many wounds.

So when someone asks me if I've heard the good news, I'll just smile and say "That's wonderful!". And I'll hope that with enough practice I'll start to believe it.

Time heals all wounds.

Doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beyond just color variety, bowling polo shirts. The secret is to take a stab at fashion.
By being equipped with the right tech, some scissors, a needle and thread it is possible to create
an image that really talked about wool in the language of Fashion.

Whether you make your final purchase at Mary Frances handbags check out the time of
the day. One of the most important part of their culture and even as fashions change they will still retain these important ethnic qualities and workmanship.


Review my web page: Ao so mi nam (http://hebammenwiki.de/index.php?title=Benutzer:MaybellAh)